One of the most challenging dental procedures is Limerick dental implants. The procedure is intricate and it can also involve pain. The good news is that there is already a solution for this discomforting procedure. One solution is the use of sedation dentistry. Sedation dentistry allows the patient to relax during the dental procedure. Patients can also choose to sleep or remain unconscious while the implant is being done. To give you an idea on the process of dental implants, take a look at the following:
- Although it will depend on the type of dental procedure, generally, you will be advised not to eat solids or drink liquids from 8 to 12 hours before the procedure. This is particularly so if you will be sedated. This will prevent you from feeling nauseated after the procedure.
- If you will undergo local anesthesia, you will be allowed to eat or drink before the dental procedure.
- If you will undergo Limerick dental implants, you may experience some bleeding right after the procedure.You can slow down or totally stop the bleeding by biting a piece of gauze.
- The sutures used on implants are made of polymer.Polymers dissolve on their own so you don’t have to worry about removing them manually.
- After the dental implant,you will be advised to rest. In most cases, you will be given prescription drugs to ease the pain.
- For home remedies of pain, place an ice pack on your jawline or along the area where the procedure was conducted. Ice controls swelling.
- In general, you will be allowed to go back to work the next day after you had dental procedures. However, you will be advised to avoid lifting heavy objects or strenuous jobs. Some people continue to experience discomfort for 7 to 10 days after the dental procedure.
- To prevent bacterial growth, some dentists prescribe antibiotics after Limerick dental implants procedure.
- While recovering, observe proper hygiene to prevent gum swelling and other gum issues.Call the dental clinic to set an appointment with them at least four times a year so for your dental implant to be checked.